Today’s post is a short note of thanks
Thanks for your patience in waiting for this post. My brain has been like Swiss cheese lately, and my energy levels are still recovering. Sitting at the computer to write was just not happening lately. Have you had days like that?
Thanks for your prayers for Wally and me, and mom, while we sort through the recent barrage of mental, emotional, and physical health issues. We experienced a “perfect storm” of stress, to be sure! Leaning into God really is the only way we are making progress, day by day.
Thanks to God for all the ways He took care of us:
- For my surgery, they put the IV in my arm, which is not as painful as having it put in my hand
- I woke from the anesthetic better than I ever have, with no pain and full range of motion
- Family who took great care of us and allowed us to stay with them beyond what we expected
- Our friends, family, and neighbours were safe during the wildfires at home
- Wally’s kidney issues were discovered while we were in Kelowna for my surgery, so he was quickly seen by the doctors who knew what to do
- My drains were out in 14 days
- Mom was also able to get medical attention while visiting in the Okanagan
- Antibiotics for infection
- Cell phones and computers to keep us in touch
- Coming home to pre-made meals from my co-workers
- Our church family’s care and understanding
- Horizon College, for providing extensions on my assignments (sooo excited to take a Christian Literature Survey course!)
- God’s Word, which continues to strengthen and encourage each day
The list could go on and on, but I said this would be a short post! We feel very blessed and loved and encouraged.
Do you feel like you are going through a tsunami of struggle right now? When you have no energy; when you can’t think straight or remember what to do; when you are discouraged by the realities of your situation – turn your eyes to God, climb into His lap, snuggle into His chest, and listen to Him tell you that He loves you. God is present, and will take hold of you in the midst of your storm.
But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him… (Matthew 14:30, 31 NASB)
Below are some pictures of me – before, during, and after… Overall, I am enjoying living “flat”.